Sharing Private Health Information
One of the great things about Healthy Roster is our ability to communicate with Athletic Trainers, Coaches, Athletes, and their Parents. Within the system, athletes have the option of sharing their health information with their coaches and Athletic Directors to keep them in the loop about injuries.
NOTE - This process should only be followed if you have prior authorization from adult athletes or parents to share this info!
This tutorial will show you how to share athlete's health information with their Coaches and A.D's.
SHARING PHI WITH OTHER USERS DURING BULK IMPORT
1. If you're uploading an Excel document for a bulk upload of athletes, all you need to do is check the box stating I Have Received Prior Authorization to Share the Personal Health Information of these Athletes via Healthy Roster located beneath the Choose File box during the upload process. After checking this box, all coaches and Athletic Directors attached to these athletes will instantly have access to their health information.
SHARING PHI WITH OTHER USERS WHEN CREATING AN ATHLETE
1. When creating a new athlete, at the bottom of the page right above the final Create New Athlete button, click the check box for I Have Received Prior Authorization to Share the Personal Health Information of these Athletes via Healthy Roster before creating the new athlete. Any coach or Athletic Director connected to this athlete after creation will now have access to their health information.
SHARING PHI WITH OTHER USERS FOR ATHLETES WHO ALREADY EXIST
1. If you've already created an athlete and have now received permission to share their health information with the other users not covered under HIPAA, go to that athletes profile
2. In the top right corner of the athletes profile, click on Edit
3. At the bottom of the page on the left side will be a checkbox for I Have Received Prior Authorization to Share the Personal Health Information of these Athletes via Healthy Roster, click that and then Save. The health information for that athlete will now be shared with their coaches and Athletic Directors.