With the launch of our new in-app chat feature, gone are the days of having to give out your personal cell phone number to parents and athletes. The new chat features allow you to both text and video chat with the injured athletes or their parents to discuss the current situation or answer questions. These chats are all stored within our HIPAA compliant app at all times, so you never have to worry about private health information (PHI) being transferred or stored incorrectly.
Even when you close a chat, the conversation history and messages are stored in the app so you can always go back to them if needed.
Only Athletic Trainers or other provider users have the ability to start a video call, the parent or athlete can only start a text chat. As an athletic trainer, you also have the ability to turn on and off your availability.
STARTING A VIDEO CALL
1. To start a video call with an athlete or their parent, simply go into messages tab on the app and either find that athlete in their active conversations tab or within the contacts tab
2. Within the chat window, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner of the chat and then click on View Members
3. Tap on the person from that chat that you want to video chat with
4. Then click on the video chat bubble to request a video chat with that person
CREATING A CUSTOM GROUP
1. If you need to send the same message to multiple people at once or want to create a custom group of people for a chat, start by navigating to the groups tab within the chat page on the app.
2. Click on the + symbol in the top right corner.
3. Enter a name for the group and a brief description and then hit Next button in the top right corner.
4. On this page you'll be able to edit the permissions and settings for the group so it can be set up exactly how you want it and tailor it for various different situations. Once you have the settings how you want them, click Save in the top right corner.
5. All of the potential contacts that you can add to this group will now show up. Click the check box for each person that you want to include in this group chat or you can search for them in the search bar. Once you have all the people selected that you want, click Done in the top right. Your custom group will now be created and available in the list of groups on your groups tab.